Sant Kabir Academy And Research Centre : Maghar,Uttar Pradesh
President Ram Nath Kovind recently inaugurated the Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre under Swadesh Darshan Yojana at Maghar (Uttar Pradesh).
- Sant Kabir Das was a very renowned saint, poet and social reformer of India who lived during the 15th century.
- His esteemed works and poems describe the greatness and oneness of the Supreme Being.
- He was a proponent of the Bhakti Movement.
- He did not believe in any religious discrimination and readily accepted all the religions.
- A religious community known as ‘Kabir Panth’ was founded by him and the members of this forum are referred to as ‘Kabir Panthis’.
- Swami Ramananda influence: Kabir Das’ ideologies were greatly influenced by Vaishnava saint Swami Ramananda who accepted Kabir as his disciple.
- His famous literary works:
- Bijak, Sakhi Granth, Kabir Granthawali and Anurag Sagar.
- His verses are found in Sikhism’s scripture Guru Granth Sahib.
- The major part of his work was collected by the fifth Sikh guru, Guru Arjan Dev.
- The hallmark of Sant Kabirdas’ work consists of his two line couplets, popularly known as ‘Kabir Ke Dohe’.