Statue Of Peace Of Swami Ramanujacharya:
In Srinagar, Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah unveiled Swami Ramanujacharya’s Statue of Peace.
- Ramanujacharya was Born in 1017 in Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu.
- Ramanujacharya is revered as a Vedic philosopher and social reformer.
- He travelled across India, advocating equality and social justice.
- He Brought the treasure of Vedic literature to the doorsteps of the common man.
- Advocated the philosophy of Visistadvaitha, qualified monism.
- Dispelled the Mayavada concept, the world is illusionary.
- Became the preceptor of the Bhakti movement and the source for all other Bhakti Schools of thought.
- He was an inspiration for mystic poets like Kabir, Meerabai, Annamacharya, Bhakta Ramdas, Thyagaraja, and many others.
- Initiated the concept that Nature and her resources like Water, Air, Soil, Trees, etc., are sacred and should be protected from pollution.
- The installation of this peace statue will bring the blessings and message of Ramanujacharya to Kashmiris of all religions and will take Kashmir further on the path of peace and progress.
- It would further enhance the development of the people of Kashmir without any discrimination.