Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) Program:
Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) program, a collaborative effort between the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), was recently launched in Saint Lucia.
- India has been selected as the Partner Administration and will contribute Tax Experts to the 12-18-month initiative.
- This marks the seventh TIWB program supported by India through the provision of Tax Experts.
- The program’s focus is on the effective use of automatic exchange of information under the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) framework.
- TIWA will facilitate the transfer of tax audit knowledge and skills to developing country tax administrations using a practical, “learning by doing” approach.
- Saint Lucia is an Eastern Caribbean island nation with a pair of dramatically tapered mountains, the Pitons, on its west coast.
- Saint Lucia is one of two sovereign states in the world named after a woman and is the only one named after a human woman.