Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme:
Bhutan’s Tax Inspectors Without Borders (TIWB) programme launched in partnership with India.
- This programme is expected to be of about 24 months’ duration.
- The focus of the programme will be in the area of International Taxation and Transfer Pricing.
- Through this India in collaboration with the UNDP and the TIWB Secretariat aims to aid Bhutan in strengthening its tax administration by transferring technical know-how and skills to its tax auditors, and through sharing of best audit practices.
About TIWB Programme:
- It is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- The objective of the TIWB Initiative is to enable sharing of tax audit knowledge and skills with tax administrations in developing countries through a targeted, real time “learning by doing” approach.
- TIWB is focused on promoting hands-on assistance by sending Experts to build audit and audit-related skills pertaining to specific international tax matters and the development of general audit skills within developing tax administrations.