What Are The Prophylactic Medicines?
Ayush Ministry kickstarts campaign to distribute prophylactic medicines.
- The kit of Ayurveda prophylactic medicines for Covid-19 contains Sanshamani Vati, which is also known as Guduchi or Giloy Ghan Vati and Ashwagandha Ghan Vati.
- The kit and the guidelines have been prepared by the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Medicines (CCRAS).
- In the next one year, the immunity booster medicines and the guidelines to combat Covid-19 will be distributed to 75 lakh people across the country.
- Special focus will be on geriatric (people of 60 years and above age) population and the front-line workers.
- Distribution of Ayush prophylactic medicines will help citizens to boost immunity against the coronavirus.
- Prophylactic means a preventive measure.
- The word comes from the Greek for “an advance guard,” an apt term for a measure taken to fend off a disease or another unwanted consequence.
- A prophylactic is a medication or a treatment designed and used to prevent a disease from occurring. For example, prophylactic antibiotics may be used after a bout of rheumatic fever to prevent the subsequent development of Sydenham’s chorea.