6th India-Canada Ministerial Dialogue On Trade And Investment:
The 6th India-Canada Ministerial Dialogue on Trade and Investment (MDTI) was held in Ottawa, Canada.
- The Canadian Minister expressed her support for India as the G20 Chair and its priorities in the G20 Trade and Investment Working Group.
- She expressed her intention to participate in the upcoming G-20 Trade and Investment Ministerial meeting in India scheduled for August 2023.
- The Ministers highlighted the importance of cooperation in sectors such as clean technologies for infrastructure development, critical minerals, electric vehicles and batteries, renewable energy/hydrogen, and artificial intelligence (AI).
- The Ministers emphasised the importance of government-to-government coordination to promote critical mineral supply chain resiliency.
- They committed to an annual dialogue at the official level during the Prospectors and Developers Association Conference (PDAC) in Toronto to discuss mutual interests.
- The Ministers agreed to rework and relaunch the Canada-India CEO Forum with renewed focus and priorities.
- The CEO Forum would serve as a platform to enhance business-to-business engagement and could be announced at an agreed-upon early date.
- The Canadian Minister announced her leadership of a Team Canada trade mission to India in October 2023.
- This mission aims to strengthen trade and investment ties, with a significant business delegation.