What Is India Stack?
India Stack is the moniker for a set of open APIs and digital public goods that aim to unlock the economic primitives of identity, data, and payments at population scale.
- The vision of India Stack is not limited to one country
- It can be applied to any nation, be it a developed one or an emerging one.
- It is the collection of Application Peripheral Interfaces launched by the Government of India.
- This includes BHIM, Digilocker, UPI, and several other applications.
- According to a recent report from the IT Ministry around seven countries are to join India Stack.
- India is planning to export its digital products.
- The government of India is currently looking for certified Stack Developers.
- The plan is to hire them just as the big giants like Microsoft and Google hire certified analysts.
- BHIM is being used in Bhutan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Cambodia, and Japan. Nepal was the first to implement UPI.