World Tourism Day:
World Tourism Day is celebrated yearly on 27th September around the world, and this year it will be held in Bali, Indonesia.
- Theme 2022: Rethinking Tourism.
- 27th September has been celebrated as World Tourism Day since 1980. This date was chosen to coincide with an important milestone in world tourism: the anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Statutes in 1970.
- The UNWTO is the United Nations specialised agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
- The purpose of this day is to increase awareness and motivate people to travel.
- Since it believes that tourism helps people all across the world become even more unified and connected
- The World Tourism Day highlights the unique role of the tourism sector in preserving cultural and natural heritage all around the world.
- It acts as an auxiliary in safeguarding habitat and endangered species.
- It addresses the importance of the tourism sector in providing jobs and opportunities, mostly for women and youth, in rural as well as big cities.