As a part of India’s G20 Presidency, the Youth 20 (Y20) group’s Y20 Consultation was held at University of Kashmir, to consult the youth of the nation on ideas for a better tomorrow and draft an agenda for action on ‘Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction: Making Sustainability a Way of Life’.
- India assumed the Presidency of G20 on 1st December, 2022 for a period of 1 year up to 30th November 2023. India’s theme for its presidency is enshrined in its civilizational value system of ‘Vasudeva Kutumbakam’
- Under the framework of G20 Presidency, the Department of Youth Affairs has been entrusted with the responsibility to organise Youth 20 Summit-2023.
- Youth20 is one of the official Engagement Groups of the G20 and provides a platform for youth to express their perspectives and ideas on G20 priorities.
- Five Themes:
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction: Making Sustainability a Way of Life
- Future of Work: Industry 4.0, Innovation, & 21st Century Skills
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation: Ushering in an Era of No War
- Shared Future: Youth in Democracy and Governance
- Health, Well-being & Sports: Agenda for Youth
- Participation: 17 Youth delegates from G20 countries like Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey, Russia, Japan, Republic of Korea, United States, Brazil and Nigeria.
- Students from University of Kashmir and schools around J&K also participated in the event among others.