14-Point Action Plan To Reduce Air Pollution : Delhi Govt
Delhi Chief Minister announced a 14-point action plan to reduce air pollution during the summer months with a focus on controlling dust pollution.
Highlights of the action plan:
- The Delhi government will conduct a real-time apportionment study of 13 identified hotspots to find sources of pollution and solutions to curb them.
- People will have to register to carry out construction work on land measuring more than 500 square meters.
- The government will increase green cover by planting 59 lakh samplings.
- Urban farming will also be increased and 400 workshops will be conducted and free training kits will be given to people.
- The government is preparing a new policy to deal with industrial waste management and techniques to collect and scientifically dispose of industrial waste to curb industrial pollution.