Inauguration of Sagarika:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various projects in Kochi, Kerala.
- The inauguration of Sagarika, the International Cruise Terminal in Kochi will cater to over lakh cruise guests.
- It is the country’s first full-fledged international cruise terminal.
- He also inaugurated the Marine Engineering Training Institute of Cochin Shipyard Ltd. Vigyan Sagar, the new knowledge campus of Cochin Shipyard would particularly help those wanting to study marine engineering.
- South Coal Berth would bring down logistics costs and improve cargo capacities.
- Propylene Derivative Petrochemical Project (PDPP) will help strengthen India’s journey towards being Aatmanirbhar as it will save foreign exchange.
- With Ro-Ro Vessels, a distance of almost thirty kilometers on road will become 3.5 kilometers through waterways leading to less congestion and more convenience, commerce, and capacity-building.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking