150th Birth Anniversary Of Shri Aurobindo Ghosh:
To commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Shri Aurobindo Ghosh, the central government is holding spiritual programmes from August 12 to August 15, 2022, across 75 prisons in India.
About Sri Aurobindo:
- In Pondichéry he founded a community of spiritual seekers, which took shape as the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in 1926.
- Helped establish the Anushilan Samiti of Calcutta in 1902.
- He and his brother revolutionary Barin Ghose contributed articles to the magazine Jugantar
- He was also a journalist, editing newspapers such as Bande Mataram.
- In 1914, he started publishing the magazine, Arya.
- In May 1908, Aurobindo was arrested in connection with the Alipore Conspiracy Case.
- He wrote copiously and his greatest literary achievement was ‘Savitri’, an epic poem with about 24000 lines.
- He developed a kind of Yoga called Integral Yoga.
- His theory of Nationalism: Sri Aurobindo Ghosh was considered a prophet of Indian nationalism.
- Along with Bankimchandra, Tilak and Dayanand, he developed the theory of nationalism in India (based on Vedanta Philosophy)
- He declared that India was in fact Mother India which represented the united power and Shakti of millions of her children. Mother India represented the infinite energy of her people: