2023 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize:
Ruixiang Zhang, Assistant Professor, University of California, Berkeley, USA will be awarded with the 2023 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for his outstanding contributions in mathematics.
- Ruixiang Zhang is a young mathematician whose fundamental work spans from analytic number theory, combinatorics, and Euclidean Harmonic Analysis to geometry.
- Building on his Princeton PhD thesis, Zhang in collaboration with Shaoming Guo proved a multivariable generalisation of the main conjecture in Vinogradov’s Mean Value Theorem.
Sastra Ramanujan Prize :
- It was instituted in the year 2005.
- It is awarded every year by the SASTRA University on its campus near Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu, on Ramanujan’s birth anniversary, December 22.
- The prize is conferred annually to mathematicians from across the world who is less than 32 years of age, working in an area influenced by the Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- The age limit is 32 years to commemorate the fact that Ramanujan accomplished a phenomenal body of work in this short span.
- It carries a citation and an award of $10,000.