4th Heli-India Summit 2022:
Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia recently inaugurated 4th Heli-India Summit 2022.
- During the summit the Minister announced 3 new projects for enhancing the helicopter sector in the country which includes HEMS and fractional ownership.
Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS):
- It is called Project Sanjeevani by deploying a helicopter in the next few weeks to provide emergency medical services at AIIMS Rishikesh.
- The helicopter will be based at the hospital at 20 minute notice and will have a service cover to an area of 150 km radius.
Fractional Ownership Model:
- It helps to grow the non-scheduled operations.
- It will lower the barrier on the cost of acquisition of helicopters and airplanes through pooled capital by multiple owners.
- This will allow companies and individuals to minimize their capital outflow by sharing the purchase cost, reducing their exposure to risks and making it financially easier to run a NSOP business.
- Theme: ‘Helicopters for Last Mile Connectivity’.