First Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus:
The Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas flagged off the country’s first Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus in New Delhi, marking a revolutionary step in the transition to clean energy.
- Green Hydrogen Fuel Cells are a clean, reliable, quiet, and efficient source of high-quality electric power.
- They use Green Hydrogen as a fuel to drive an electrochemical process that produces electricity, with water and heat as the only by-products.
- Green hydrogen is a type of hydrogen produced through a process called electrolysis, using renewable energy sources like wind or solar power.
- It involves splitting water (H2O) into its constituent elements, hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2), with zero greenhouse gas emissions.
- A fuel cell is an electrochemical device that converts chemical energy (in this case, hydrogen) into electrical energy.
- It consists of two electrodes (anode and cathode) separated by an electrolyte.