Aadhaar Hackathon 2021:
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will be hosting a Hackathon titled “Aadhaar Hackathon 2021”.
- This is the first-ever event being conducted by the Aadhaar team.
- A hackathon is an event, usually hosted by a tech company or organization, where programmers get together for a short period of time to collaborate on a project.
- Its target is to to identify young innovators in the field of information technology
- To solve the hackathon challenges through innovative technological solutions, UIDAI is reaching out to the young minds of all the Engineering colleges.
- Themes: Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 is themed around two topics.
- Enrolment and Update: It essentially covers some of the real-life challenges being faced by the residents while updating their address.
- Identity and Authentication: UIDAI is soliciting innovative solutions to prove Identity without sharing the Aadhaar number or any demographics information.
- Also, it is looking for innovative applications around face authentication Application Programming Interface (APIs), the newly launched authentication modality of UIDAI.
- The objective is to popularize some of the existing and new APIs to solve the needs of residents.