Acharya Vinoba Bhave Birth Anniversary:
The Prime Minister of India paid homage to Acharya Vinoba Bhave on his birth anniversary.
- Vinayak Narahari Bhave was born on September 11, 1895, in Gagode, Bombay Presidency (Maharashtra).
- Vinoba Bhave was a prominent nonviolence activist, freedom fighter, social reformer, and spiritual teacher who followed Mahatma Gandhi’s principles of non-violence and equality.
- He was the inaugural recipient of the international Ramon Magsaysay Award for Community Leadership in 1958 and posthumously received the Bharat Ratna in 1983.
- He actively participated in the non-cooperation movement and encouraged the use of Khadi.
- Vinoba worked to eradicate social inequalities and championed the cause of Harijans (Dalits).
- He initiated the Sarvodaya movement, which included the Bhoodan (Gift of the Land) Movement.