Projects For the development of Railway Infrastructure In West Bengal:
Union Minister of Railways, dedicated to the Nation series of Projects for the development of Railway Infrastructure in West Bengal.
- He inaugurated 2nd Foot Over Bridge at Santragachi, Freight Terminal at Sankrail (Phase-I) & Vivekananda Meditation Centre at Howrah and dedicated to the Nation an Executive Lounge at Sealdah station, 2 Escalators at Sealdah station and 2 lifts at Sealdah station.
- Santragachi station is one of the busiest stations in the Howrah-Kharagpur section.
- It is being developed with all modern amenities.
- Sankrail Freight Terminal (Phase-I) has been developed with modern facilities for freight rake handling.
- This Freight Terminal will serve around 40 sq. km. industrial belt spreading over Kolkata and Howrah in West Bengal.
- Executive Lounge at Sealdah Station is another novel initiative of Railways to provide more comfort for passengers.
- In order to augment the security of passengers & railway property, an Integrated Security System has been commissioned at Barddhaman station.