Atal Vayo Abhyuday Yojana:
The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment is implementing Integrated Programme for Senior Citizens (IPSrC), a component of Atal Vayo Abhyuday Yojana.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme, which is formerly known as National Action Plan for Senior Citizens.
- Its vision is to create a society where senior citizens live healthy, happy and empowered life.
- It has two components – the Integrated Program for Senior Citizens (IPSrC) and the State Action Plan for Senior Citizens (SAPSrC)
- IPSRC entails setting up homes to improve the quality of life of senior citizens, especially indigent senior citizens for writing basic amenities.
- SAPSRC: Each state/union territories expected to frame its own action plan for the welfare of senior citizens.
- Under IPSrC component grant in aid is provided to NGOs/ Voluntary Organisations (VOs) for running and maintenance of old age homes, Continuous Care Homes.