Bihar’s Kishanganj Gets Digital Fertility Map:
The digital fertility map has been prepared by the scientists of Bihar Agriculture University (BAU).
Benefits for farmers:
- They can now easily decide which crops they should grow in particular areas for better gains.
- They can introduce new crops, go for crop diversifications.
- They can also decide about the exact dose of fertilisers after knowing the fertility level of their soil.
- This will get them bumper crops.
- Agricultural experts and farmers are worried over the growing digitisation of land records and their fertility details.
- They apprehend the data could be exploited by private companies and big corporate houses for various purposes, such as land acquisition and predatory lending, leaving farmers in crisis.