Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha : Inaugrated
The Prime Minister will inaugurate the Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha BAPS Mandir, the first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi.
- BAPS is a socio-spiritual Hindu faith with its roots in the Vedas.
- It is based on the Vedic teachings propagated by Bhagwan Swaminarayan (1781-1830 CE).
- It was formally established in 1907 CE by Brahmaswarup Shastriji Maharaj.
- Founded on the pillars of practical spirituality, the BAPS reaches out far and wide to address spiritual, moral and social challenges and issues.
- No Alcohol, No Addictions, No Adultery, No Meat, No Impurity of body and mind are the five-lifetime vows of BAPS followers.
- Its global network of mandirs and centres hosts many moral, social, cultural, and spiritual activities.
- Education and women development are other focus areas, with many schools, hostels, and community development activities targeted at women being managed by BAPS.
- It is also engaged in a variety of humanitarian activities that include services in times of natural calamities, primary schools, students’ hostels, hospitals, diagnostic camps, anti-addiction drives, environment-awareness programs, tribal uplift, and literacy campaigns.
- BAPS is an NGO with a Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.