Chandra Shekhar Azad Birth Anniversary:
On July 23rd, we commemorate the birth anniversary of Chandra Shekhar Azad, an iconic and fearless freedom fighter of India.
- He was Born in Bhabhra village ,now in Alirajpur District of Madhya Pradesh in 1906, Azad joined Mahatma Gandhi’s non-cooperation movement at a young age of 15 and adopted the name “Azad” as a symbol of his defiance against British rule.
- He became a prominent member of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA), a revolutionary group dedicated to armed struggle against the colonial government.
- Azad was also involved in daring acts of resistance, including the Kakori train robbery.
- He was Known for his organizational skills and mastery of disguise, he pledged to never be captured alive.
- Tragically, he lost his life on February 27, 1931, in a fierce gunfight with the police.