Chhukha Hydroelectric Project:
India recently agreed to an upward revision of tariff of the Chhukha hydroelectric project.
- Chhukha Hydroelectric Project is a run-of-the-river reservoir-based project.
- It is located in the Wangchu River/basin in Chukha, Bhutan.
- Installed capacity is 336 MW.
- It was built by the Government of India (GoI) at the cost of Rs. 246 crores.
- The GoI fully funded this project with a 60 per cent grant and a 40 per cent loan.
- The project construction commenced in 1979 and subsequently entered into commercial operation in 1986.
- The power generated from the project is sold to the Eastern Regional Power Grid of India under a power purchase agreement.