Chief Executive Officer Of NITI Aayog:
Retired IAS officer and former Drinking Water and Sanitation Secretary Parameswaran Iyer has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of Niti Aayog.
- Parameswaran Iyer, a senior officials who helmed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s pet scheme, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, will be the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the NITI Aayog.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet cleared his name for the post.
- At present, Mr. Iyer functions as the Programme Manager of the 2030 Water Resources Group, a platform hosted by the World Bank for water conservation.
- Mr Iyer will succeed Amitabh Kant who is completing tenure on 30th of this month. Mr. Iyer will get at least two years in the post.
- Kant was appointed CEO of the National Institutions for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog on February 17, 2016, for two years.
- He got three extensions during his tenure. Under Mr. Kant, the NITI Aayog helped the Centre launch several programmes such as Digital India and Make in India.