Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System:
Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad, a pioneer in healthcare innovation, recently launched the Da Vinci Xi Robotic Surgical System.
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System is a tool that helps surgeons perform a variety of surgeries including gynecological surgeries, urological, head and neck, thoracic, colorectal, cardiac and general surgeries.
- The da Vinci only uses small cuts, it’s less traumatic on your body, resulting in less pain, fewer complications and a shorter recovery time.
- It can be used in the field of colorectal surgeries, urology, oncology, gynaecology thoracic, cardiology, paediatric and gastro-intestinal surgeries, kidney transplants and in liver transplantation.
- The machine is made up of three different parts:
- The console/control center: The surgeon operates while seated at a console unit, using hand and foot controls and with a magnified, 3D, high-definition view.
- The patient cart: The cart holds surgical instruments and the camera.
- The vision cart: This cart has a video screen so that the healthcare providers in the room can see what’s happening during the surgery.
- A Da Vinci surgery is when your surgery is performed using the da Vinci Surgical System, a machine that uses four thin robotic arms.
- The robotic instruments have a wider range of motion than the human hand. Surgeons can use the surgical system for a variety of procedures.