Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission : Collaborative Partnership With UNDP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) entered into a collaborative partnership.
- UNDP and DAY-NULM Partnership aims to empower women to make well-informed career choices in the field of entrepreneurship.
- It will provide support for women looking to start and expand their enterprises such as the care economy, digital economy, electric mobility, waste management, food packaging and more.
- It Focused on fostering entrepreneurship development and accelerating enterprise growth.
- It is a three-year project, extendable beyond 2025 which will cover eight cities in the initial phase.
- UNDP will offer national-level capacity-building support to DAY-NULM.
- This support will focus on knowledge generation and management, such as compiling compendiums of best practices related to urban poverty, to enhance the implementation of national-level schemes.
- UNDP will also contribute to the initiative by developing community business mentors called Biz-Sakhis in selected project locations.
- These mentors, who possess valuable business knowledge, can support new and existing enterprises, and serve as a resource for DAY-NULM at a later stage.
- DAY-NULM is a flagship mission under the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It has the aim to uplift the urban poor by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development.