Digital Nomad Visas:
Indonesia has announced “Digital Nomad Visas” for travellers, to attract more foreign tourists.
- Digital Nomads are people who work remotely while travelling to different places and spending their earned income in the country they are travelling to.
- Unlike regular remote workers, who tend to stay in one geographic area, digital nomads travel and explore while working.
- The Digital Nomad Visa would allow remote workers to stay in Indonesia, including Bali, tax-free.
- Indonesia aims to bring in over 3.6 million overseas travellers into the country over the next year to explore spiritual retreats as well as the eco-tourism of Indonesia.
- Italy (can stay in the country for up to 90 days without a visa), Antigua and Barbuda (for digital nomad visa for two years), Barbados (a year-long remote working visa)