Financial Literacy Week 2021:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched the Financial Literacy Week (FLW) for the year 2021. The literacy week started from February 8 and will conclude on February 12, 2021.
Financial Literacy Week (FLW)-2021
- This year, the Financial Literacy week will focus on ‘Developing the credit discipline and encouraging availing of the credit from the formal financial institutions as it is required’.
- During the week, similar activities will be conducted all across the country.
- Some special financial literacy programs will also be organized by all the banks and financial literacy centers on the selected subjects.
- In the year 2021, this year the bank is organizing the week to spread awareness regarding the credit facilities which are provided by the bank.
- This topic was chosen by the bank because credit score is an important issue of the banking sector.
- Through this program, the banks will spread awareness about various types of credit or loan facilities including home loan, business loans, vehicle loans and Kisan Credit Card, etc.
- The financial literacy week is organized by the central bank since 2016.
- This event is organized by the bank to spread awareness among the people on different issues with respect to banking services.
- In the year 2020, the FLW focussed on the ‘Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises’.
- In the year 2020, the event was organized to raise awareness among the people about the formalization, discounting of receivables, rehabilitation of stressed units, collateral-free loans, and timely repayment of the loan. It also organized a month-long centralized mass media campaign.
- In the year 2019, it focused on Farmers’ while in the year 2018 it focussed on ‘Consumer Protection’.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking