World Water Week 2021:
World Water Week 2021 is being held entirely online, 23-27 August, with the theme Building Resilience Faster.
- World Water Week is the leading annual event on global water issues, organized by Stockholm International Water Institute since 1991.
- It is a week-long global water conference held each year in late August or early September.
- During the week, the Stockholm Water Prize, the Stockholm Junior Water Prize, and the Stockholm Industry Water Award are given out at their respective award ceremonies.
- The Week attracts participants from more than 130 countries and consists of a broad array of parallel activities convened by leading international organizations on a broad array of water-related topics, ranging from food security and health to agriculture, technology, biodiversity, and the climate crisis.
- Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) is a Stockholm-based policy institute that generates knowledge and guides decision-making towards water wise decisions. it was founded in 1991.