First Navigation Chart : India- Maldives
During a three–day visit to the Maldives, Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), Adm R. Hari Kumar unveiled the first navigation chart that has been jointly produced by India and Maldives.
- He also handed over hydrography equipment to strengthen the Maldivian National Defence Forces’ (MNDF) capabilities.
- He also visited the maritime assets of the MNDF maritime and praised the joint efforts of the Indian Navy and the MNDF for maintaining these assets’ role worthiness.
- A consignment of engineering equipment was also presented by the CNS for further sustenance of the MNDF ships.
- India is committed to enhancing the MNDF’s capacity-building efforts.
- For the purpose of undertaking the joint hydrographic survey under the hydrographic cooperation MoU, the INS Sutlej has been deployed to the Maldives.
- A reception was hosted onboard the INS Sutlej by Adm. Kumar on 18th April 2022 in honour of Mariya Ahmed Didi, the Defence Minister of the Maldives and the MNDF leadership.