World Giving Index 2021 Report:
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) released the World Giving Index 2021 report. The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) is a leading international charity registered in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1974.
World Giving Index (WGI):
- The World Giving Index (WGI) is an annual report published by the Charities Aid Foundation and ranks over 140 countries in the world according to how charitable they are.
- The first edition was released in September 2010.
- The WGI is a global survey, which asks people three questions: In the last month have you…
- Helped a stranger, or someone you didn’t know who needed help?
- Donated money to a charity?
- Volunteered your time to an organisation?
- The index measures countries by the proportion of population giving rather than how much they give.
- The most generous country in the world is Indonesia.
- Australia and New Zealand the only high-income countries to remain in this year’s Top 10.
- India is 14th most charitable country.
- Scores for India rapidly improved between 2017 and 2019, and this improvement was maintained during 2020.
- The improvement in India is seen across all the age groups and amongst both men and women.
- 61 percent of Indians helped strangers; 34 percent volunteered; 36 per cent donated money.