Floodwatch : Mobile App
The Central Water Commission launched Mobile App ‘Floodwatch’.
- Launched: 2023.
- Launched by: Central Water Commission (CWC).
- Objectives: using mobile phones to disseminate information related to the flood situation and forecasts up to 7 days on a real-time basis to the public.
- Establishment ministry: Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Head: chairman, with the status of Ex-Officio Secretary to the Government of India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- It is an attached office of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- It is entrusted with the general responsibilities of initiating, coordinating, and furthering in consultation with the State Governments concerned, schemes for control, conservation, and utilization of water resources throughout the country.
- It also undertakes the investigations, construction, and execution of any such schemes as required.