Global Conference On Compressed Biogas:
The global Conference on Compressed Biogas is to be held in New Delhi soon.
- Global Conference on Compressed Biogas is organized by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
- The theme of the conference is – Towards Progressive Policy Framework for a Robust CBG Foundation and Growth.
- The objectives:-
- to apprise the industry regarding the initiatives taken by the government of India for the development of compressed biogas industry and
- to identify the areas where policy modifications are required.
- India is dedicated to achieve a net zero target by 2070 and the government has taken several initiatives to reduce emissions.
- Compressed Biogas (CBG) has higher calorific value and properties similar to CNG.
- It can be utilized as alternative green renewable and can replace CNG in automotive, industrial and commercial areas, given the abundance of biomass availability within the country.
- The discussion will focus on the feedstock availability, CBG offtake, fermented organic manure, carbon credits, incentives, investment and financing for the CBG industry and biofuel policies of different states + CBG producers on state policies & international experiences.
- TERI, NAMA Facility, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and LCB Forum (Low Carbon Biofuel Forum), Greece are the institutional partners.
- Indian Oil Corporation, Verbio India, Canara Bank, IndianOil Adani Ventures Limited – IAV Biogas, SBI Capital, SIDBI, Praj Industries and Maschinenfabrik Bernard KRONE GmbH are also supporting this conference.