GPT-4 : OpenAI
OpenAI has recently launched its ChatGPT Plus subscription for Indian users, providing them with early access to the latest language model GPT-4.
- This move comes at a time when tech giants are competing to offer the best generative AI to the customers.
- According to OpenAI, GPT-4 is more advanced than its predecessors when it comes to creativity, visual comprehension and context.
- It also possesses the ability to collaborate with users on various creative projects, including music, screenplays, technical writing, etc.
- It can process up to 25,000 words of text and facilitate extended conversations.
- GPT-4 can encompass more than just text – it also accepts images as input.
- On the contrary, GPT-3 and GPT-3.5 only operated in one modality, text, allowing users only to ask questions by typing them out.
- GPT-4 is more multilingual and OpenAI has demonstrated that it outperforms GPT-3.5 and other Large Language Models (LLMs) by accurately answering thousands of multiple-choice across 26 languages.
- It handles English best with an 85.5% accuracy, but Indian languages like Telugu aren’t too far behind either, at 71.4%.
- It is a variant of GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) which is a large-scale neural network-based language model developed by OpenAI.