Guidelines For Floating Structures:
Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways have issued the guidelines for floating structures with a vision to set up world-class floating infrastructure all along the coastline in the upcoming projects.
- The guidelines set out technical aspects for implementation of Floating Jetties or Platforms for Marinas, Minor Harbors, Fishing Harbours or Fish landing centers, Waterdomes and such other similar facilities in coastal areas, estuaries, waterways, rivers, and reservoirs.
- These guidelines may also be suitably utilised for floating pontoons or platforms in various waterborne systems and floating wave attenuators or breakwaters for Minor Harbors or Fish Landing facilities.
- Floating structure because of its inherent advantages is an attractive solution and it is being promoted by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways.
- The benefits of floating jetties or structures over the conventional quay and fixed concrete structures include its cost-effectiveness, faster implementation, easily expandable and re-locatable, and have minimal environmental impacts.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking