Unified Portal of Gobardhan:
A Unified Portal of Gobardhan has been launched to ensure smooth implementation of Biogas schemes/initiatives and their real-time tracking.
- Objectives: Ensure close coordination with various Departments/Ministries for smooth implementation of Biogas schemes/initiatives and their real-time tracking.
- Coordinated by: The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen (SBMG).
- Economy: Strengthen the rural economy through a convergent approach for various Biogas projects/models and initiatives.
- ODF Plus Goals: The ODF Plus goals (solid waste management in villages, along with the collection and transportation of biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste) outlined in Phase 2 of SBMG will depend on the performance of the Gobardhan scheme to a great extent.
- The portal will further help in achieving the objectives of SATAT (Sustainable Alternative towards Affordable Transportation) aimed at setting up Compressed Biogas (CBG) production plants and ensuring market linkage for use of biofuel in automotive fuels.
- Rural India generates enormous quantities of bio-waste which can be efficiently utilized and lead to a better environment and public health.
- Bio-waste processing especially cattle dung into Biogas & organic manure leads to the generation of opportunities for employment and household savings.