HARBINGER 2023: RBI Announces 2nd Global Hackathon
The Reserve Bank of India recently announced the “HARBINGER-2023”.
- The theme of the hackathon is “Inclusive Digital Services”.
- Competitors from 22 different countries will participate in the hackathon.
- This includes Israel, the Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, the USA, and the UK. RBI also received 363 proposals from Indian candidates.
- The hackathon is to be conducted in four segments namely Digital Banking, regulations, transactions, and the use of blockchain in transactions.
- The central bank invited fintech to participate in the Hackathon.
- They will develop solutions that will aid the differently abled to access digital financial services.
- Also, the fintech will work on increasing the reach of digital currencies of the central bank.
- Participants of the HACKATHON will get opportunities to interact with industrial experts.
- Some of them will be mentored by them. Also, new fintech can exhibit their innovative solutions.
- The winner of the hackathon will be awarded Rs 40 lakhs and the runner will receive Rs 20 lakhs.