Open Market Operations:
RBI announces ₹20,000 crore open market operations on February 10.
- Open market operations are the sale and purchase of government securities and treasury bills by RBI or the central bank of the country.
- The objective of OMO is to regulate the money supply in the economy.
- It is one of the quantitative monetary policy tools.
- RBI carries out the OMO through commercial banks and does not directly deal with the public.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking