Hurun Global Rich List 2021:
10th edition of Hurun Global Rich List 2021 was released recently.
- The world added 607 new billionaires or more than three billionaires in two days.
- India added 55 new billionaires, or more than one billionaire every week, in 2020.
- Tesla’s Elon Musk added $151 billion to become the richest man in the world for the first time with a net worth of $197 billion, followed by Amazon’s Jeff Bezos ($189 billion), the chairman and CEO of LVMH Moet Hennessy.
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani, who emerged as the richest man in India with a net worth of $83 billion, came in at number eight.
- India retained the third spot in the number of billionaires from a country with a total of 177 billionaires living in the country.
- In the list of Indian billionaires, Mr. Ambani was followed by Adani Group’s Gautam Adani and family with his wealth almost doubling to $32 billion.
- Country-wise, China leads with the most number of billionaires at 1058, followed by the US (696), India (177), Germany, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland at over 100 each.
- By continent, Asia accounts for 51 percent of the billionaires.
- Among cities, Mumbai hosts the maximum number of billionaires (60), followed by New Delhi (40) and Bengaluru (22).