India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon:
With the goal to enable talented innovative students and start-ups from Australia and India to address common national issues through innovative technology solutions, About Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Australia’s national science agency (CSIRO) kick-started the India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021.
- I-ACE is supported by the Australian Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER), AIM Atal Incubation Centre network, and various domain experts.
- A ‘circular economy’ model, which employs not only waste management but reuse, recycling, and responsible manufacture can support the development of new industries and jobs, reducing emissions and increasing efficient use of natural resources.
The four key themes for the hackathon are as follows:
- Innovation in packaging reducing packaging waste
- Innovation in food supply chains avoiding waste
- Creating opportunities for plastic waste reduction
- Recycling critical energy metals and e-waste