India Energy Security Scenarios (IESS) 2047 V3.0:
NITI Aayog unveiled the latest version of the India Energy Security Scenarios (IESS) 2047 V3.0, an open-source tool designed to evaluate the integrated impact of various green energy policies of the Government of India.
- The baseline for the tool has been set at 2020 and is continually calibrated up to 2022, ensuring the accuracy of its predictions.
- NITI Aayog also released the India Climate Energy Dashboard (ICED) 3.0.
- ICED is the country’s one-stop platform for near real-time data on the energy sector, climate, and related economic datasets based on government published sources.
Key Features and Functionality of IESS 2047 V3.0:
- This tool assesses the demand and supply of energy in the country, considering policies related to alternative energy resources like Green Hydrogen Mission, Renewable Purchase Obligations, PM-KUSUM, Offshore wind strategy, among others.
- By analyzing emissions, cost, land, and water requirements up to 2047, IESS 2047 aims to steer India towards a sustainable and net-zero energy future.
- The tool is open-source, easily downloadable, and user-friendly, encouraging accessibility and engagement from researchers, think tanks, and the public.
- IESS 2047 allows users to generate personalized pathways, tailored to specific factors like industry, services, agriculture, population, urbanization, and end-use energy demand.
- By providing reliable estimates of the country’s energy needs, IESS 2047 helps reduce India’s reliance on external agencies.