India Energy Week 2023:
The India Energy Week was inaugurated by PM Modi in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The event is to focus on energy security and India’s energy transition goals.
- This includes net-zero emission target achievement by 2070.
- The major attraction of the event is the launch of E20 fuel in more than 84 outlets in 11 states and UTs.
- PM Modi will launch solar and conventional energy hybrid cooking systems.
- It was designed and created by Indian Oil.
- It is called the Indoor Solar Cooking System.
- Launch of 20% ethanol blend petrol, E20
- Launch of “UNBOTTLED” initiative by PM Modi, Initiative to phase out single-use plastics
- Indian companies like GAIL, Adnani, HPCL, IOCL, BPCL, ONGC, and Total gas will demonstrate new products and services
- Participation of more than 650 business associates from 50 countries
- GoI plans on achieving 20% ethanol blend biofuels
- Discussions about the oil companies setting up 2G ethanol plants and 3G ethanol plants
- Green Mobility Rally Focusing on green energy sources; Create public awareness on green fuels