Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) In Jharkhand:
According to a recent survey, more than 55% did not receive Supplementary Nutrition under Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) in Jharkhand even once in the first six months of 2021.
Vulnerability of Jharkhand:
- As per National Family Health Survey-4 data, every second child in the state is stunted and underweight and every third child is affected by stunting and every 10th child is affected from severe wasting and around 70% children are anemic.
- The Umbrella Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) is a centrally sponsored scheme implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. It was launched in 1975.
Six Schemes under Umbrella ICDS:
- Anganwadi Services Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana:
- National Creche Scheme:
- Scheme for Adolescent Girls
- Child Protection Schem
- POSHAN Abhiyaan: