Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF)-2022:
Union Minister for Health launched the Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF)-2022. IDCF programme is being implemented from 13th June to 27th June, 2022 in the States/UTs.
- The Intensive Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) is being organized since 2014 with an objective to ‘bringing the number of deaths due to diarrhoea in childhood to zero’.
- This fortnight is organized especially during summer/monsoon so that preventive measures can be taken such as awareness generation and establishment of ORS-Zinc corners.
- According to the latest report of SRS-2019, child mortality rate in the country has come down from 45 per 1000 live births in 2014 to 35 per 1000 live births in 2019.
- But even today, diseases related to diarrhoea continue to be a major cause of death in children under the age of five.
- According to NFHS-5, only 60.6% children under the age of five with diarrhoea were given ORS and only 30.5% were given zinc.
- This means that there is lack of awareness among mothers.