International Intellectual Property Index 2022:
India has improved its overall International Intellectual Property (IIP) score from 38.4% to 38.6%, and the country is ranked 43rd out of 55 countries on the International Intellectual Property Index.
- International Intellectual Property Index is an annual report compiled by the US Chambers of Commerce.
- This year (2022) the index is topped by the US with 95.4%.
International Intellectual Property Index:
- The 2020 U.S. Chamber International IP Index titled ‘Art of the Possible’ creates a template for economies that aspire to become the 21st century, knowledge-based economies through more effective IP protection.
- In its eighth edition, the Index maps the IP ecosystem in 53 global economies, representing over 90% of global Gross Domestic Product.
- The Index evaluates the IP framework in each economy across 50 unique indicators which industry believes represent economies with the most effective IP systems.
- The indicators create a snapshot of an economy overall IP ecosystem and span nine categories of protection:
- Design Rights,
- Trade Secrets,
- Commercialization of IP Assets,
- Systemic Efficiency,
- Membership And Ratification Of International Treaties.