International Social Security Association’s ISSA Vision Zero 2023 Award:
The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) bagged the “International Social Security Association’s ISSA Vision Zero 2023” Award in the recently held 23rd World Congress on Safety and Health at Work in Sydney, Australia.
- International Social Security Association is the principal international institution bringing together social security agencies and organisations of the world.
- Aim is to promote dynamic social security as the social dimension in a globalising world by supporting excellence in social security administration.
- It was founded in 1927 under the auspices of the International Labour Organization
- It has over 320 member institutions from over 160 countries.
- Headquarters: Geneva (at the International Labour Office)
- It provides access to information, expert advice, business standards, practical guidelines and platforms for members to build and promote dynamic social security systems worldwide.
- The vision of dynamic social security provides a framework for the ISSA’s actions.
Employees’ State Insurance Corporation:
- It is a statutory corporate body set up under the ESI Act 1948.
- It is responsible for the administration of the ESI Scheme.
- Headquarter: New Delhi