International Epilepsy Day 2023:
To increase awareness of the disease and to identify the symptoms at early stages, International Epilepsy Day is celebrated.
- It is celebrated on the second Monday of February every year.
- Theme of International Epilepsy Day 2023 : The celebrations are to focus on “STIGMA”. Stigma means fear or feeling negative reaction.
- The day is celebrated by the WHO of the UN and several other countries.
- The members of UN spread the awareness of the disease on this day.
- Epilepsy is a nervous disorder.
- It affects brain activity.
- The disease is identified late among children.
- Early symptoms of the disease are left unnoticed.
- If identified at early stages, it can be cured easily.