Jagdeep Dhankhar : India’s 14th Vice-President
National Democratic Alliance (NDA) candidate Jagdeep Dhankhar has been elected as India’s 14th Vice-President of India.
- Jagdeep Dhankhar (born 18 May 1951) is an Indian politician, who is the 14th vice president-elect of India.
- He served as the Governor of West Bengal.
- He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- He served as the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs in the Chandra Shekhar ministry.
- He was the 2022 Vice Presidential election of India candidate by the National Democratic Alliance and subsequently won the Vice Presidential election.
- Mr Dhankhar will take oath of office on 11th August, a day after the term of the incumbent Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu ends. Mr Dhankhar will also be appointed the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha.