Jeevan Pramaan Patra : Digital Service For Pensioners
The Jeevan Pramaan Patra have been disbursed by the Government using the network of Postmen and Gramin Dak Sevaks in the country.
- Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners.
- Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility.
- The scheme was launched on November 10, 2014.
- In order to get this life certificate the individual drawing the pension is required to either personally present oneself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or have the Life Certificate issued by authority where they have served earlier and have it delivered to the disbursing agency.
- Using Jeevan Pramaan, a pensioner can now digitally provide proof of his/her existence to authorities for continuity of pension every year instead of requiring to present himself/herself physically or through a Life Certificate issued by specified authorities.
- The Digital Life Certificate facility is not available to Remarried or Re-employed Pensioners.
- They are required to submit the Life Certificate the conventional way to their Pension Disbursing Authority.