Artificial Intelligence-Powered ChatGPT
An artificial intelligence tool called ChatGPT was released on the internet.
- The tool has been developed by OpenAI, a research institute founded in 2015.
- This tool ‘knew’ every topic under the sun; it could answer questions and carry on a conversation.
- This tool interacts with humans in natural language and is impressive because aside from answering general queries, it has many other functions.
- ChatGPT is much more than a chat bot.
- For example, you can ask it to write a program or even a simple software application.
- It can also do creative tasks such as writing a story. It can explain scientific concepts and answer any question that needs factual answers.
- ChatGPT is called a Language Model, rather than a chat bot.
- A language model is a software that prints out a sequence of words as output that are related to some words given as input with appropriate semantic relation; in practical terms, it means that it can perform tasks like answering questions and carrying on a conversation with humans.
- It is often used in natural language processing (NLP) applications, such as speech recognition, automatic translation, and text generation.
- The accuracy of ChatGPT or any language model can be measured using standard techniques.
- OpenAI is a research institute and company that focuses on developing artificial intelligence technology in a responsible and safe way.
- It was founded in 2015 by a group of entrepreneurs and researchers, including Elon Musk, Sam Altman, and Greg Brockman.